I get asked a lot if I like Buttons Super or OS better. I love them both for different reasons! So let’s talk about some of the differences and see which one works best for your baby!
Things that are the same
1. They are both covers
2. They both have double gussets
3. They both have 2 rise snaps allowing for 3 size adjustments
4. They both have 2 layers of PUL (inside & outside)
5. They are both available in all the prints (until sold out)
A Super has a wider bum and is all around a bigger diaper. It is designed to fit 12lbs-40lbs.
OS is smaller and designed to fit 9lbs-35lbs.
Super has 2 vertical hip snaps and they are slightly angled with 10 total snaps across the waist.
OS has 2 horizontal hip snaps and one row of 11 snaps across the waist.
A super has an extra stay dry panel pocket in the front and the back.
Let’s look at the difference in how they fit
This is my 1 1/2 year old at about 25 lbs. He is on the smallest rise in a super, and the middle rise on a OS.
Tips for choosing a super...
- You generally like to use prefolds or fitted diapers
- You have a bigger baby
- You put multiple inserts in a diaper
- This is generally better for tummy sleepers
Tips for choosing OS...
- You want to start using them ASAP after your baby is born
- You have a smaller baby
Are you team Super or One Size?